Alarms going of at 10 AM woke us up to pack to move into our madames. Dagny and I were pretty excited slash a little nervous. We caught two cabs and said our au revoirs. I arrived to my host’s door and push the button that said Courdavault. She buzzed me in and ran down the stairs to help me carry my hundred pound bags. It was four flights of stairs ! I was sweating by the time I got up here. She showed me to my room. It is actually very spacious but not much storage space for the clothes. It is very cute though. We headed to the kitchen for some water and small talk. She asked what I like to eat and all the essentials. She then showed me the bathroom and how to use everything and then just told me I was libre(free) so I unpacked in my room for a little and blogged. Amer then met me a little before our meeting and we grabbed some sandwiches and headed to rue du petit potet for our presentations. We found Collin’s place super easy. It was absolutely gorgeous. The garage was covered in vines and there were these stairs that had no railing that took us up on a balcony where he had set out food for us, including a baguette. We waited for the rest of the group and then headed inside to sit and a circle and get the lowdown foe tomorrow’s first day of school. We then did half the presentations which took FOREVER. Dagny was literally passing out on the couch almost haha. We then took a break to chow down. It was so good. I hadn’t eaten all day because everything is closed on Sundays and I had woken up late-ish and been too busy. We then went back in to do more presentations and figure out directions and stuff. He walked us to the bus stop which is surprisingly right outside my house. The whole group was together and Collin took off. Some girls decided it would be fun to go on a tour and so Amer Pat and I peaced out to go sieste (nap) before our madames made us dinner. I returned to my home and it was empty so I wrote and read until dinner time. She came back and I walked over to say hi. She had picked these cute flowers and gone on a walk because the sun was so beautiful. How French and how cute is that !?! I read until dinner instead. Later, she came to my room to call me for dinner. We had salad with oil or something on it and some kind of very small piece of fish and a baby potato and water. Then she came out with this light cheese that was pretty good. Then it was cherries for dessert haha. Very light meal but it was good. So different than the states. I decided to take a nap before decided whether to go have a glass of wine with the whole Dijon group. I pass out on my bed and get a call from Patrick at around 11 PM. I meet him outside my apartment. Something was stolen from his madames apartment and she went through all of Patrick and Amers stuff and she was really upset. I guess it was a bronze statue that was a family heirloom. Hes freaking out and doesn’t know what to do because the one night that Dagny’s boy came up may have been the night it was stolen. We all were freaking out and decided to go to bed.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment